5400 series amplifiers from IED deliver unparalleled dependability and seamless switching between AC Power and 24 VDC in the event of a loss of mains power without diminishing performance or reduction of output power. Specifically designed for voice evacuation, public announcements and background music (BGM) with uncompromising audio performance in accordance with the most stringent safety regulations (EN 54-16).
The 5400AMP Series offers four models featuring either four channels of 500 watt, 300 watt, or 100 watt continuous amplification per channel. The amplifier is Class D switching mode which provides benefits such as: higher efficiency, increased reliability, improved performance, and lower operating cost. Switching mode operation combined with high voltage power devices make it possible to eliminate the heavy, costly, bulky transformers used by some amplifiers to drive 100V distributed speaker lines.
The amplifier is internally monitored and limited to prevent over-current and over-temperature conditions, also protecting the amplifiers from harm due to short circuits on the speaker lines. The 100V floating direct outputs reduce more than just the weight: Installation and rack prices will drop significantly. The cost for energy consumption will average at roughly one third of any ordinary amplifier.
In addition to mains power, a 24VDC power input is provided in the event of power loss which will automatically switch to 24V battery power-without any loss of output power. The amplifiers are typically paired with a 5404DZM or 5432DZM for EN54-16 compliant systems. The mainframe requires two (2) rack units (3.5”) of vertical space in a 19” equipment rack/cabinet. All cooling is front to back.
- High Efficiency Class D Topology
- Discrete Build of Power Amp Modules
- 100 Volts Direct Output (Without a Transformer)
- 24VDC Backup Power
- High Power, High Efficiency Switched-Mode Power Supply (SMPS) with Power Factor Correction (PFC)
- Protection Circuits: DC, LF, HF, Thermal, Short Circuit, Current Limiter
- External Remote Power On/Off Control
- Temperature Controlled, Variable Speed, Low Noise Fans
- High Tech Surface Mounting Technology (SMT) Design
- Four Amplifier Output Channels
- Available Models:
- 5454AMP-500 Watts x 4 Channels
- 5434AMP-300 Watts x 4 Channels
- 5414AMP-100 Watts x 4 Channels