The HDE-4S-PRO is the first generation in Professional MPEG-2 Encoder Series, especially designed to deliver superior motion optimization for programming such as fast-paced live sporting events. The unit accepts up to four (4) high-definition (HD) programs from: 4xHD-SDI. MPEG-2 encoded outputs are available in the following formats simultaneously: 4xQAM, 4xIP (1000Base-T Ethernet), and 4xASI.
To improve transport efficiency, the encoder allows operator to (i) assign one (1) to four (4) programs to each QAM output channel, and (ii) to individually turn on/off each of the four (4) adjacent QAM output channels.
The encoder supports Dolby® Digital and Closed Captioning (EIA-608 and EIA-708). It is also equipped with an Emergency Alert System (EAS) interface. A front-panel RF test point allows for monitoring/testing of the QAM output without service interruption.
Each of the four (4) QAM channels can (i) contain 1 or 2 programs, and (ii) be turned on/off individually
Provides 40 dBmV QAM output level for four (4) combined channels
Provides comprehensive GUI-based monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
Supports Closed Captioning EIA-608 and EIA-708
Equipped with EAS interface (Analog Video + L/R Audio)
Supports Real-time Dolby® Digital audio encoding
Supports user-defined PSIP configuration
- Accepts up to four (4) programs: 4xHD-SDI
- Supports HD-SDI input loop thru for monitoring
- Simultaneously delivers the following outputs: 4xQAM (Adjacent), 4xIP (SPTS), and 4xASI
- Multiplexes up to four (4) input programs in any of the following output combinations:
- 1:1 (1 program per QAM channel)
- 2:1 (2 programs per QAM channel, not exceeding 38.8Mbps)