The DMX TO DALI Protocol Converter is intended to dim DALI (Digital
Addressable Lighting Interface) fl uorescent ballasts from a source of
DMX-512. In addition, it has a Manual Mode which allows the ballasts to
be intensity controlled without a DMX signal source. It is intended for use
with Brightline SeriesONE DALI fl uorescent fi xtures.
- Each Converter has four (4) individually controllable opto-isolated DALI ballast output channels.
- Each output channel is capable of driving up to six (6) individual ballasts.
- Each channel output is connected to a female XLR-3 type connector.
- The DMX Start Address can be set to values of 1 to 512.
- Four consecutive DMX Addresses shall be read.
- Address selection is made by a pair of Up-Down recessed pushbutton switches.
- As the switches are recessed, they are not susceptible to being inadvertently altered.
- DMX Input and Output connectors (type XLR-5) are provided.
- The DMX Output is self-terminating; it is not necessary to set a termination switch for the last unit in a DMX signal run.
- All connectors securely lock in place.
- For testing purposes, it is possible to dim the connected fixtures without the presence of a DMX control signal (Manual Mode).
- Levels on all four channels can be set from 1% to full intensity.
- It is not necessary to disconnect the Converter from the DMX signal source to perform this function.
- An LED shows the status of the incoming DMX signal.
- It indicates whether the signal is missing, if there is an error in the signal, or if it is OK.
- Another LED indicates whether the Converter is in Run or Manual Mode.
- The Protocol Converter is available in 120VAC 60 Hz. or 230VAC 50 Hz.
- It has a removable 12' [3.6m] power cord with a parallel-blade U-ground plug; and an Off/On switch.
- An externally accessible fuse protects the unit.
- Power draw is less than 1A at 120V.
- The unit is housed in a rugged aluminum enclosure with rubber feet. An entertainment lighting c-clamp with integral safety cable that mounts on a removable bracket is provided so the unit may be pipe-grid mounted.
- The overall dimensions of the unit are 10 x 4.4 in deep [25.4 x 11.1 cm], exclusive of connectors.
- The height of the unit is 3.5 in [8.9 cm], exclusive of the c-clamp and bracket assembly.