The XA25 is a compact, high-performance professional camcorder designed specifically for "run-and-gun," ENG-style shoots with enhanced I/O connectivity. The XA25 offers a unique combination of high-precision optics, outstanding image processing, multiple recording formats, flexible connectivity and intuitive user features. But its compact design does not mean compromised functionality – this small and lightweight camcorder meets the quality and performance standards necessary for use in a wide range of applications, including news gathering, law enforcement and military, education and documentary, among others.
A powerful, all-new Genuine Canon 20x HD Video Lens with SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization and a new 8-Blade Circular Aperture extends user creativity, while a new 2.91 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Sensor and new DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor capture superb images with outstanding clarity.
The camcorder features both MP4 (up to 35 Mbps) and AVCHD (up to 28 Mbps) codecs at up to 1080/60p resolution for virtually blur-free, high-quality capture of fast-moving subjects. Dual-band, built-in Wi-Fi® technology allows easy FTP file transfer and upload to the internet.
A 3.5-inch OLED Touch Panel Display with the equivalent of 1.23 million dots of resolution offers a high contrast ratio, a wide-view angle and high-speed response, while a pair of SDHC/SDXC-compatible card slots enable Relay Recording, double-slot recording, and all-new Dual Recording, which enables the XA25 to capture video in different recording formats simultaneously.
An HD/SD-SDI port allows uncompressed video with embedded audio and timecode data to be output to video editors, recorders, news trucks, workstations and other digital cinema/TV hardware, with greater image fidelity than standard HDTV format.
- Genuine Canon 20x High Definition Optical Zoom Lens
- Full HD 1920x1080 Recording Capabilities
- HD/SD-SDI Output
- Built-in Wi-Fi®Technology with FTP Transfer Capability
- Superb Image Reproduction
- 3.5-inch OLED Viewscreen with 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio and EVF
- Dual SD Card Slots, Using Readily Available, Consumable Media
- Intelligent Optical Image Stabilization System with Powered and
- Dynamic Modes and Auto On/Off
- Full Manual Control
- Ergonomic, Portable Design
- Two Phantom-powered XLR Audio Inputs with Manual Gain Control
- Ultra-compact Form Factor with Detachable Handle
- High Definition Peaking for Focus Assist
- Assignable Buttons for Custom Shooting
- Infrared Shooting Mode for Extreme Low-light Conditions (with built-in IR emitter and diffuser)
- Optional Bluetooth Mic with Two-way Intercom-like Capability
- Advanced Display Features: Zebra, Color Bars and Test Tone