Facilitates configuration, control, and management of a large-scale AV network using DM® NVX encoder/decoders. Provides the virtual equivalent of a hardware-based DM matrix switcher.
The DM® XiO Director, model DM-XIO-DIR-80, is an enterprise-grade network appliance that facilitates configuration, control, and management of a large-scale AV network. Using DM NVX encoder/decoders, Crestron® offers the industry’s most versatile and scalable solution for distributing 4K60 4:4:4 HDR video over an IP network. The XiO Director provides a means for managing large networks of DM NVX devices, routing AV signals, and simplifying integration with one or more Crestron control systems.
Virtual DM® Switcher
The XiO Director virtually emulates the functionality of a traditional hardware-based DigitalMedia™ matrix switcher, routing high-quality 4K streaming AV signals throughout a room, building, or campus. The DM-XIO-DIR-80 model supports a total of 80 endpoint devices consisting of DM NVX encoders and decoders. Multiple XiO Director units can be deployed, with the ability to route signals between units just like hardware switchers, easily handling even the largest corporate enterprise, university, governmental, military, medical, transportation, sports, entertainment, hospitality, gaming, or retail application.
Simple, Flexible Configuration
System configuration could not be simpler. The XiO Director automatically discovers each DM NVX endpoint on the network, and allows each endpoint to be assigned as a logical input or output to the software-based matrix switcher. The XiO Director effectively eliminates the need for a physical switcher, providing the virtual equivalent running on the AV network.
Note: The DM-XIO-DIR-80 assigns all associated endpoints to a single “domain.” A domain is a logical grouping of endpoints that operate together as a single switching entity. Each DM-XIO-DIR-80 in a system functions as a separate domain. Other XiO Director models, including the DM-XIO-DIR-160 and DM-XIO-DIR-ENT, can support multiple domains. Refer to each model’s spec sheet for more information and additional available features.
- Comprehensive network AV system configuration, management, and signal routing
- Emulates a traditional hardware-based matrix switcher
- Works with Crestron® DM® NVX encoders and decoders
- Supports 80 endpoints in a single domain
- Fully scalable for any sized network
- Intuitive web-based graphical user interface
- Ethernet control system interface
- Fully-programmable control of the virtual matrix and physical endpoints
- Automatic endpoint device discovery
- Custom naming and search tools
- Easy diagnostics and signal status display
- XML device map file import/export
- Built-in logging
- Four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- Single-space 19-inch rack-mountable
- Universal 100-240V internal power supply