The Datapath PCI Express Optical Expansion Link is a solution that allows system builders and integrators to combine a PCIe based PC or motherboard to multiple expansion chassis. Enabling greater flexibility and larger distributed system architecture, the PCI Express Optical Expansion solution can be used to create systems with greater distances between the host PC and expansion chassis. The Optical Expansion solution includes a Host Link Optical and Slave Link Optical PCI Express card connected together using the ExCable-Optical. These combined provide a high bandwidth PCI Express link from an upstream host to a distributed expansion unit. PCI Express Gen.3 technology supports bi-directional data transfer speeds of up to 8GB/s ensuring smooth, full frame rate video distribution over great distances. This also works with Gen.2 PCI Express backplanes which can provide up to 4GB/s bidirectional bandwidth between chassis.
- PCI Express 3.0 bus extension across 4 or 8 lanes
- PCI Express extension distributed over great distances
- Peak bandwidth up to 8GB/s both upstream and downstream
- Single HLink-Optical card of driving 2 SLink-Optical at 4 lane
- Automatically adjusts between PCI Express Gen.1, Gen. 2 and Gen.3 operation depending on endpoint capabilities
- Can be used with systems based on multiple Datapath backplanes as part of a distributed wall control architecture
- Manufactured using industry standard optical cables