The Datapath range of expansion chassis provides an easy to install, optimal method to expanding your PCI Express I/O capabilities and scalability. Used with any host PC to expand the number of available PCI Express slots, this solution automatically configures, making all slots appear transparent to the host computer. The expansion chassis is an industry standard enclosure with its own power supply, which supports full length cards and has the capability to link a number of systems together, providing a substantial number of slots. The expansion chassis have an LED for each PCI Express slot and the PICMG1.3 SBC slot. The LEDs indicates either the full lane width has been established and the slot is not working to maximum efficiency or no cards are installed therefore the lane width has not been established.
- Capability of linking a number of systems, providing a substantial number of slots
- Easy to install
- LEDs indicating connections
- Seamlessly capitalizing on the transparency of the PCI Express architecture
- Automatically configured, making all the slots appear transparent to the host PC
- Provides increased I/O capacity and scalability