The Dolby® CaptiView closed caption viewing system transmits and receives AES-128-encrypted closed captions on a wireless band frequency. With a signal range of more than 260 feet, Dolby CaptiView can be used from any seat in the house (unlike existing "mirror image" systems, which limit seat selection).
The Dolby CaptiView system consists of a small OLED display on a bendable support arm that fits into the theatre-seat cup holder. The easy-to-read screen is equipped with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that lasts up to 16 hours per charge. The high-contrast display comes with a privacy visor, so it can be positioned directly in front of the movie patron with minimal impact or distraction for people sitting nearby.
Dolby CaptiView is economically priced to allow the cinema owner to outfit 100 percent of the multiplex. It runs on existing Dolby digital cinema servers, so no additional hardware is required. Dolby CaptiView supports SMPTE and CineCanvas packages, and up to six languages simultaneously.
- Transmits and receives encrypted closed captions on a wireless band frequency
- Offers a signal range of more than 260 feet, for use from any seat in the house
- Runs on existing Dolby digital cinema servers and requires no additional booth hardware
- Supports SMPTE and CineCanvas packages and up to six languages simultaneously
- Flexible I/O for a wide variety of content sources (16-channel AES, S/PDIF, optical, stereo analog, and/or public announcement microphone)
- Dolby Show Manager integration and web services APIs to easily integrate with TMS and NOC systems
- Simplified installation, maintenance, and day-to-day operation of cinema sound systems for exhibitors
- Sophisticated EQ processing to improve cinema audio playback