The FlexWave Light Shelf is an architectural element that allows light to penetrate deeper into a room. This horizontal shelf is placed above eye-level and is used to reflect light onto the ceiling, bringing light deeper into the space. This distribution of light reduces "hot spots" and allows a deeper penetration of glare-free natural light.
Balancing daylight and artificial light by using dimming controls and solar control systems that include the FlexWave Light Shelf can significantly reduce the energy consumption of light fixtures and HVAC.
Dimming fixtures by as much as 50% may be barely noticeable to building occupants, unless they are involved in tasks that require visual acuity, but can save on the use of electric lighting sources.
- Available in sizes up to 84" (213cm) wide
- Product admissible for LEED point system, under "Indoor Environment Quality: Daylight & Views" category
- Proven to reduce the need for artificial lighting in buildings
- Proven to increase productivity, health, and reduction of employee absenteeism in classrooms and offices
- Lightweight, quick and easy to install
- Can be installed in single sections or continuous runs
- Light shelf bottom and cap available in: black, white, and silver
- Product is resistant to dust collection and easily rotates down for cleaning
- Product designed for interior use