The J-Matrix™ is a professional solid state drive HDTV disk recorder that uses JPEG 2000 to record and play broadcast quality HDTV. The high-resolution video quality makes this an ideal recorder for HDTV broadcasting and digital cinema.
JPEG 2000 is a new compression standard extended by the JPEG committee (www.jpeg.org). It is an advanced version of the JPEG standard originally used to compress photos for websites and graphics artwork. Today’s JPEG 2000 uses wavelet compression and has been adapted for use by the broadcast and digital cinema industries.
JPEG 2000 video compression can be lossless, where no data is lost, or lossy, where some data is lost but the data is compressed to a smaller size. The J-Matrix records up to four hours in lossless mode and up to 20 hours in DVCAM (low loss) mode. The low loss mode features the ability to simultaneously record and play.
The unit includes one 900 GB removable cassette for archiving or storage. An optional 1.5TB cassette is available, offering up to 48 hours of recording time.
JPEG 2000 is an international standard. With an additional Ethernet Gigabit option, you can transfer files between host computers and J-Matrix recorders.
The J-Matrix also offers time lapse recording ability, making it suitable for geospatial and HD medical image archiving, where little or no image quality loss is required.
The J-Matrix is an ideal recorder for military, digital cinema, studio, geospatial, and HD medical image archiving where low or no image quality loss is acceptable. Several recorders can also be synchronized to yield ultra high definition video via 4 or 16 MP projectors.
- Uncompressed picture quality in Lossless mode
- Over 5 Hours of record time in lossless mode
- Very long recording time of studio quality HDTV content – up to 40 hours
- Removable SSD magazine (up to 1.5 TB capacity)
- VTR-like front panel controls
- Raid 1 Mirroring
- Simultaneous record and play
- Time lapse recording ability
- LTC and VTC time code support
- Typical bit rate is 50-100 Mbps
- INSERT and ASSEMBLE editing
- 40-50 milliseconds latency
- Remote control by RS-422, GPI and Ethernet
- HD-SDI input and output
- 8 channels of digital audio
- VANC (Vertical ancillary data) Meta data
- Includes one removable 384 GB SSD (solid state drive) magazine
- Optional removable 768 GB SSD magazine with up to 20 hours of studio quality recording
- Optional removable 1536 SSD magazine with up to 40 hours of studio quality recording
- Broadcast studio recorder
- HDTV shooting from airplanes, ships and OB vans
- Ideal recorder for military, digital cinema, studio, geospatial, and HD medical image archiving where low or no image quality loss is acceptable
- Instant replay device in sports stadiums
- Synchronize several recorders to yield ultra high definition video via 4 or 16 MP projectors