DMX-512 is the network used throughout the world to control theatrical lighting. Every theater from the local high school, to the largest house on Broadway, control their lighting using DMX-512 networks. The v-HD-to-DMX is used to trigger audio, video and still image files stored on a BrightSign player from any source of DMX-512. The DMX-512 can come from an existing light board or another piece of GilderGear. Since it is trigged by the same DMX-512 as everything else in the theater, everything will always be in sync.
Anyone who can run a light board can use the v-HD-to-DMX, v-HdGilderScript and a BrightSign player to add audio, video and still image playback to a presentation. The v-HdGilderScript allows you to use most standard media files on a BrightSign player without any manual ‘scripting’. Just drop your media files into appropriately named folders on a standard Sd (or SdHC or SdXC) flash memory card and shove it into the BrightSign player. If you send a value of ‘123’ to the DMX-512 address of the v-HD-to-DMX, any file(s) you have placed in a folder named ‘playlist123’ will be played.
- Plugs into and is powered by any BrightSign player with a 15 pin GPIO port.
- The v-HdGilderScript allows you to have up to 255 ‘playlist’ folders on each BrightSign player. Each playlist folder can hold one or more media files.
- - If more than one media file is in a playlist folder, you can select whether files will be played sequentially or in random order each time the playlist is cued.
- - The files can also be set for ‘steppable’ (interruptible) or ‘non-steppable’ (non-interruptible) playback.
- The DMX-512 connection is galvanically isolated. This eliminates the possibility of ground loops and other noise problems in installations with many BrightSign video players.
- The high impedance DMX-512 input allows up to 256 v-HD-to-DMXs on a single DMX-512 line.
- Occupies just a single DMX-512 ‘dimmer’ address, or can be addressed on eight consecutive DMX-512 addresses to appear on your lighting board as eight ‘relay’ outputs (each output turns on above 50%).
- Two RJ-45 connectors for DMX-512 in and out makes it easy to daisy chain players. Uses standard USITT recommended DMX-512 pinout and off-the-shelf CAT-5 Ethernet cables and connectors.
- Three rotary dipswitches for setting the DMX-512 base address for the v-HD-to-DMX. Supports both ‘zero-based’ (0-511) or ‘one-based’ (1-512) addressing (selected by a dipswitch).
- If receiving DMX-512 from any GilderGear, it will sense the presence of GilderChecksums, and automatically use them. GilderChecksums keep the v-HD-to-DMX from updating on corrupted data packets.