The EX-VU1 is used to extend HDMI video and USB data on a single Cat6 cable up to 100 ft (30 meters). It is ideally designed to be compatible with most interactive displays including the Promethean ActivPanel®. HDMI audio is extracted and is provided as L/R stereo on the receiver. The EX-VU1 can also control other equipment by providing programmable contact closure I/O, RS-232 output, IR output and an optional LAN interface from an internal WebGUI and IP control. The EX-VU1 extender consists of an EX-VU1-WP single-gang wall plate transmitter and an EX-VU1-R (or EX-VU1-R-IP) receiver. They connect using standard CAT5e/6 UTP cabling up to 100 feet (30 Meters) long.
The wall-plate Sender gets its power from the Receiver via the same UTP cable and does not need a separate power supply. For convenience, the wall plate features two USB charging ports. The plug-and-play extender is compatible with all PCs, MACs and Android Tablets and does not require driver installation. Simply plug the PC's HDMI and USB ports to the sender to make them available at the remote receiver.
The Receiver provides HDMI video output, stereo audio output, 1 USB port, IR output, and a terminal strip with RS232 (for On/Off control of the display) plus 4 programmable digital I/O ports. A mini-USB port is also provided for configuration upload from a PC for cases where the Receiver is used also as a control system.
Users can upload RS232 commands to the EX-VU1 to control other equipment such as turning a display on and off. Commands can be triggered automatically by detecting video, or manually via the internal WebGUI, or by sensing open and close contact events on the I/O ports. When commands are tied to Video, plugging an HDMI source to the wall plate, will set cause the Receiver to issue an on command to the display. Similarly, a simple toggle switch can be connected remotely to activate RS-232 commands for turning an interactive display on and off.
- Extends HDMI + USB to over 100 ft on one Cat 6 cable
- Wall plate sender provides 2 USB charging ports for convenience
- Receiver provides HDMI video output and USB port for connection to interactive display
- HDMI Audio is extracted (L/R analog) on Receiver (can be connected to audio amp)
- Perfect for Interactive displays such as Promethean ActivPanel®
- Receiver has RS232 for control (can turn compatible display on and off automatically)
- Receiver is available with optional IP and WebGUI control