With over 22,000 channels shipped, the Electra™ 8000 series continues to set the standard for high-quality, low-bandwidth broadcast encoding. Featuring multi-resolution, multi-standard, multi-profile, multi-service and multi-channel capabilities for cable, satellite, IPTV and terrestrial broadcast applications, Electra 8000 encoders deliver unmatched technical and cost benefits in a compact, energy-efficient design.
Support for MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) in SD and HD, including 1080psf 23.98, and hardware ready for 1080p50/60 and 3D allows Electra 8000 encoders to be configured for a variety of applications. Deploy new HD and 3D. Monetize legacy SD content and equipment. Improve IPTV quality and delivery. Increase channel capacity for satellite. And achieve unmatched video compression performance for cable.
- High-density, energy-efficient design reduces operating costs and delivers excellent value per channel
- Available second output supports streaming of multiple resolution channels from low-resolution for picture-in-picture (PIP), to HD for IPTV or time-shifted TV
- Available integrated broadcast-quality up/down converter enables deliver of new services such as HD and mobile simulcasting while assuring SD MPEG-2 business continuity
- Ability to license options as needed allows operators to scale infrastructure efficiently and predictably
- 3DTV frame-compatible-format capable
- Microsoft® Mediaroom™ certified