Leveraging the broad capabilities of the Harmonic VOS™ platform, the Harmonic Electra™ XVM virtualized media processor offers video content and service providers unparalleled function integration, increased operational flexibility and unlimited scalability. At the heart of Electra XVM is the VOS encoding module: the Harmonic PURE Compression Engine™. An advanced encoding technology that supports SD and HD MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC codecs over CBR, VBR and ABR encoding schemes, the PURE Compression Engine powers Electra XVM with superior video quality at minimum bandwidth.
As a completely virtual media processing system, Electra XVM offers a new approach to encoding and channel playout. The software-based solution includes integrated video graphics and branding, and its transport stream playout capabilities include channel origination, linear ad insertion and SCTE automation control. With its superior video quality, bandwidth efficiency and workflow flexibility, Electra XVM is sure to simplify your infrastructure, reduce costs and drive new revenue-generating services.
- Fully virtualized SD/HD MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC encoding for broadcast and multiscreen services
- Harmonic PURE Compression Engine for market-leading video quality at the lowest bitrates
- Easy-to-deploy video graphics and branding
- Transport stream playout, enabling channel origination and linear ad insertion
- Optimized statistical multiplexing over IP
- Rich audio functionality, including Dolby Digital Plus encoding and Jünger Level Magic audio level adjustment