The industry’s best value for high-end Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) and live sports broadcasting applications, the Harmonic Ellipse® 3000 family of contribution encoders combines superior video quality, the highest level of function integration and ease of use in an economical, compact package. The innovative Ellipse 3000 product family includes the first DSNG encoder with an integrated broadcast satellite modulator that supports the DVB-S2X and DVB-CID standards, as well as broadcast-quality video contribution over the open Internet.
Ellipse 3000 encoders support all SD and HD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC codecs at 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 8- or 10-bit subsampling. Fully firmware upgradeable, the encoders offer a smooth and cost-effective migration path from MPEG-2 SD 4:2:0 8-bit to AVC HD 4:2:2 10-bit compression schemes, making them among the most versatile contribution encoders available. 3G SDI input enables encoding of HD content at resolutions up to 1080p60.
- MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC SD/HD 4:2:0/4:2:2 8/10-bit encoding
- Broad SD/HD format support, up to 1080p60
- Audio encoding of up to eight stereo or 16 mono channels
- Optional integrated broadcast satellite modulator supporting DVB-S/S2/S2X and DVB-CID on top of NIT-CID; roll-off factor up to 5%
- Broadcast-quality video contribution over the Internet
- Simultaneous RF, IP and DVB-ASI outputs
- IF and RF interfaces on the same chassis
- 1:1 stand-alone redundancy
- Choice of single or dual power supplies
- Ultra-low delay mode
- User-friendly front-panel controls or web-based management
- BISS scrambling
- Fast boot time