FilmPartners’ MXFserver™ provides a complete set of post-production management functions allowing the pre-alignment of source materials in the workflow so that editors, graphic artists, producers and other users can easily find the materials they need for their projects. When users connect to a given project, everything needed for that project is provided. MXFserver works optimally with Harmonic MediaGrid storage because it can perform all production management functions without interfering with the data path between client workstations and storage. MediaGrid performance and scaling benefits are not impacted by MXFserver operation.
MXFserver presents virtual workspaces that satisfy the operating requirements of the tools being used. Multiple users may connect concurrently to the same project, and share the same materials, with either the same or different post-production tools, providing an environment that is optimal for collaborative post-production. Virtualized workspaces also provide another substantial benefit: the master materials are always protected from accidental deletion. Users work with the masters via virtual workspaces that contain pointers to the master files. The masters do not need to exist in multiple copies to be used by multiple users.
- A universal, virtualized storage server infrastructure that supports all leading post-production applications and tools in the industry (e.g. Avid® Media Composer™, ProTools™, Apple® Final Cut Pro®, Adobe® Premiere Pro™, Pyramix™)
- Organization of the workflow around human-centric projects, instantiated in containers that provide the collaborating post-production team access to all needed materials
- Shared and concurrent operation on media files with bin locking or equivalent function for Media Composer, Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro
- Media file virtualization, eliminating the need for copies or duplicated media and enforcing full security for the original materials
- Editing from multiple workstations directly on Sony® XDCAM™, Panasonic® P2™, and QuickTime files in any codec supported by the editing system in use
- Networked processing of AMA materials with Avid® editing applications, featuring faster AMA processing than in normal use
- Native support for LTO5 archiving without the need for additional software
- Professional access rights management with full reporting; MXFserver can also work with ADS
- Scalable software architecture that runs on a standard Windows Server OS
- Native integration with EVS servers in support of sports and other real-time event production workflows