The Harmonic Iris® advanced video analytics software suite provides video quality, global channel availability and source profiling measurements for hundreds of compressed channels, both in real time and historically for up to one year. It works in tandem with the Harmonic NMX™ Digital Service Manager video network management system to collect data from Harmonic Electra™ and Ion™ broadcast encoders and present it as a comprehensive set of user-friendly charts, reports and dashboards. As a result, service providers can monitor and analyze their sources and programming over time; achieve better statmux pool balancing, bitrate allocation and homogeneity of video quality; and ultimately increase viewer satisfaction.
- Source profiling for better identification of channel complexity and bit requirements
- Reporting of statmux pool load factor for optimization of channel allocation
- Real-time and historical analysis of video quality
- Codec independence for flexible source and signal handling
- Scalable configuration of up to 250 channels per 1 RU
- Scheduled reporting and critical event notification