File-based workflows allow content creators to maximize production efficiencies and enable the delivery of more content to more devices in less time. To realize these objectives, an agile and accessible centralized media asset management (MAM) solution must sit at the heart of any media organization. The foundation of Harmonic’s MAM solution is the Media Application Server (MAS), a SOA-based platform that hosts and coordinates applications that comprise an enterprise-class content management, preparation and delivery platform: ProXplore™ and ProBrowse™.
MAS provides a single virtualized, federated view of all managed storage—including Harmonic's Spectrum, MediaStore™and Harmonic® MediaGrid shared storage, as well as third-party storage platforms—to simplify the management of media assets across your entire enterprise. Comprehensive, configurable metadata management tools enable rich categorization and organization capabilities, ensuring that content can be located and repurposed with ease.
At the core of MAS is a workflow engine that provides a common control center for all of your media processing tasks, including transfers, transcoding, caption processing, file-based QC and archive management. This combination of functionality allows complex workflows to be orchestrated and enforced, ensuring content is efficiently routed throughout your facility.
- Built-in media-aware services for metadata, rules, search, transfer and organization
- Coordinates applications to optimize workflows
- Robust development environment speeds deployment of end-user and third-party applications
- Hosts Harmonic’s content management, preparation and delivery applications, as well as third-party and custom MAM applications
- Integrates with Harmonic Spectrum media servers and MediaGrid storage systems, in addition to the ProMedia™ Carbon family
- Extensible media processing through best-of-breed third-party services: transcode, QC, captioning, archive