ProMedia® Xpress enables faster-than-real-time transcoding and packaging of broadcast-quality SD and HD video for multiscreen VOD applications. It even supports the emerging 4K and Ultra HD formats. The high-performance solution allows content owners and service providers to significantly increase the content hours delivered while adhering to processing timetables and video quality targets in a cost-effective and scalable manner.
ProMedia Xpress employs Harmonic’s new MicroGrid™ parallel-computing technology to achieve a dramatic improvement in transcoding performance over stand-alone processing platforms. The application is managed by the Harmonic WFS™ file-based workflow system and integrates seamlessly with the ProMedia Carbon transcoder. The inclusion of stream packaging technology originally developed for ProMedia Package enables a complete file-based, multiscreen workflow that scales from several to hundreds of nodes and provides the operational integrity required in demanding 24/7 VOD environments.
- High-performance transcoding and packaging on a standard IT computing infrastructure
- Harmonic MicroGrid parallel computing for faster-than-real-time workflows
- 4K/Ultra HD format support
- Dynamic farm management for seamless scaling of computing resources
- Discrete transcoding and packaging processes for highly efficient delivery
- Cloud-ready model supports cost-effective scaling of processing jobs