Harmonic’s ProStream® 1000 with ACE® is the industry’s first truly converged solution for advanced processing and transcoding of SD and HD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) video and audio for broadcast and over-the-top (OTT) mobile/web applications. This highly versatile and ultra-dense processing platform is ideal for functions including any-to-any and any-to-many video/audio transcoding, automatic audio level adjustment, statistical multiplexing, advanced remultiplexing and scrambling and descrambling.
ProStream 1000 with ACE leaps over competing stream-processing platforms by enabling the cost-effective deployment of next-generation SD and HD broadcast and OTT multiscreen services from a single, highly scalable, 1-RU device. It can simultaneously transcode video content for both broadcast and OTT mobile and web applications while providing unmatched video quality. In addition, the ProStream 1000’s power-efficient design helps operators reduce OPEX — and their carbon footprint, as it draws only 10 watts per HD channel and less than 3 watts per SD channel.
- High-quality, high-density transcoding of 60 SD or 20 HD MPEG-2 and H.264 broadcast channels
- 20 SD/HD inputs for multiscreen transcoding with up to 80 output profiles
- SD/HD MPEG/H.264-to- H.264 any to any transcoding
- HD-to-SD down conversion and audio downmix
- Multiple output streams per input service to support simulcast, triplecast, SDV, VOD, IPTV and mobile/web applications
- Up to 16 integrated statmux pools
- Any to any audio codec transcoding and automatic audio leveling adjustment