The ViBE® encoder brand is synonymous with premium, high-quality video compression. Now part of Harmonic, ViBE encoders utilize the most advanced compression technologies available, gained from 20 years of know-how in encoder algorithm optimization. The ViBE EM4000 premium HD/SD encoder is especially well-suited for satellite, terrestrial broadcast and cable or IPTV applications, as well as various other kinds of content aggregation.
Not only does the ViBE EM4000 save rack space and power (consuming less than 60 W per video channel), it also allows great flexibility in 8+8 channel architectures by enabling operators to change the configuration of a full transponder instantly. At its heart is a decoupled processing engine driving the Harmonic Mustang 2.0 next-generation compression algorithm. Mustang 2.0 increases HD MPEG-4 AVC encoding efficiency thanks to improved motion estimation, refined multi-pass encoding and advanced preprocessing.
- Superior SD/HD MPEG-4 AVC video encoding
- Mustang 2.0 compression with advanced preprocessing
- Baseband and compressed input
- Up to eight HD channels per RU
- AC-3, E-AC-3 and AAC/HE-AAC support
- Dolby E and SMPTE 2020 to HE-AAC 5.1 transcoding with metadata and auto switch out
- Harmonic Flextream™ WAN, LAN and internal statistical multiplexing
- Embedded DVB subtitle generation
- Embedded automatic loudness control
- Logo insertion
- DPI and targeted advertising support