The AVG-50 generates VITC time code and inserts it into the first few lines of active video, rather than into the vertical interval. This allows the VITC to be recorded on the newer and relatively inexpensive digital video recorders and camcorders that record a great picture, but do not record a vertical interval. Now you can use these recorders to record high quality video and VITC time code. Because the VITC time code is on the first few lines of active video, it cannot be seen on standard monitors or television receivers. Also, it does not get removed by time base correctors, frame stores, and most other video processing equipment.
- Select from video line pairs of 13/15 (vertical interval), 16/18, 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, and 24/25
- Keys out and removes incoming video on lines selected for VITC insertion
- Controls for line selection, time code/user bit preset, and window display on/off
- Translates SMPTE LTC time code to VITC time code
- Available in Desktop, Rackmount, and Short Rack packages