The NEW FT-45™ is a simple, compact and highly effective modular plug crimp tool for installers and techs that terminate RJ-45 connectors regularly. Instead of another traditional oversized, heavy, crimp tool style loaded with features that are rarely used or that just don‘t work well, we took this tool in a new direction. It‘s built for today and tomorrow, not the past. This tool was designed to work seamlessly with the IDEAL Feed-Thru Modular plugs, and is compatible with other feed-thru style connectors. A major benefit of Feed-Thru plugs is that they allow the individual conductors to "feed-thru" the end-face of the connector allowing the user to verify the wires are in the correct order prior to crimping the connector. During crimping, the FT-45™ cleanly shears the excess conductors and leaves a smooth, flat finish to the end face of the IDEAL Feed-Thru connector. No protrusions or small lengths of conductor remain beyond the plastic face of the connector. This minimizes accidental shorting of conductors or inadvertent contact in plug jacks.
- Designed for IDEAL feed-thru RJ-45 modular plugs
- Provides a flush cut - no excess conductor sticking out the face of the plug
- Crimps industry standard CAT5e/6 RJ-45 (8P8C) and shielded modular plugs
- Crimps with less force, compact size and weight, fits in your pocket
- Compatible with non-IDEAL feed-thru style modular plugs