Meyer Sound has earned an enviable reputation for developing unique, science-based solutions to some of the most difficult problems confronting audio professionals. Witness the new CAL self-powered steerable column array loudspeakers, which combine over three decades of continuous technological innovation and advanced research into the laws of physics with discrete per-element digital signal processing to achieve unprecedented accuracy in sound reproduction.
Designed primarily for vocal reproduction in fixed installations, CAL loudspeakers bear the remarkable ability to produce a vertical beam of programmable width (as narrow as five degrees and up to 60 degrees), and then digitally steer the beam’s pattern up to 30 degrees up or down. CAL’s beam steering takes the practice of directing sound to a whole new level, and with a low profile and discreet aesthetics CAL redefines high-quality installation sound solutions.
- Flexible coverage: Up to 60 degrees of digital beam steering, +/- 30 degrees. Adjustable beam width from 5 up to 60 degrees.
- Custom-built drivers: all drivers and tweeters designed and optimized for beam steering
- Control: every driver and tweeter has dedicated amplifier channel and processing
- Technology Advantage: the best algorithms utilized based on years of research into sound field synthesis
- Blends into any environment: low profile, discreet aesthetics, custom colors and weather protection
- Peak SPL will change according to beam width