Regional adaptation in DTT networks is a key differentiator for network operators wishing to provide their viewers with competitive TV services. The CP330 T2-Bridge offers operators great flexibility both in how they design their distribution networks and how they insert regional and local content. The T2-Bridge enables the distribution of signals to digital terrestrial transmitters using satellite or hybrid infrastructures (satellite, fiber and microwave).
With the CP330, it is now possible to reuse a Direct To Home (DTH) satellite signal to directly feed terrestrial transmitters. By utilizing the DTH satellite and the advanced deterministic multiplexing techniques of the CP330, terrestrial operators now have a highly cost-effective distribution solution that is SFN compliant.
The CP330 offers different modes for maximum flexibility. In addition to the Deterministic Remultiplexing mode, the CP330 supports Multiple Physical Layer Pipes (MPLP), enabling adaptation through PLP replacement in the region - an alternative approach for complying with SFN requirements. With its smart PSI/SI processing the CP330 ensures the delivery of a correct and complete EPG combining both national and local channel information.
- Allows operators to use spectrum efficient SFN networks
- Enables the cost efficient reuse of DTH signals
- Offers operators maximum flexibility in the design of their distribution network
- Robust, flexible regional and local content insertion
- Deterministic remultiplexing for DVB-T and DVB-T2
- PLP replacement for regionalization
- T2-MI generation including Time stamps for SFN operation
- MIP insertion for DVB-T SFN operation
- Input stream monitoring
- ASI and IP input/output interfaces
- Input redundancy
- User-friendly configuration and control
- Compact, cost-effective solutions with 2 units in 1RU