The Virtuoso H.264/AVC Media Function provides high quality 10-bit 4:2:2 encoding and decoding with low end-to-end system latency for contribution applications.
Nevion Virtuoso can run multiple instances of the H.264/AVC Media Function on a single platform for high-density applications.
The H.264/AVC compression requires a dedicated Virtuoso Accelerator, which supports SD/HD/3G-SDI input, and either encoding or decoding with H.264/AVC or MPEG-2. The fully standards-compliant output Transport Stream can be transmitted over ASI or IP. The ability to support encoding or decoding on the same Accelerator increases flexibility in deployment of new services and gives a very tight and compact offering for outside broadcast production
applications (sports, news and other live events) and managed media services.
The Nevion Virtuoso H.264/AVC Media Function, combined with Nevion’s advanced protection mechanisms, enables broadcasters to utilize cost-efficient IP links for the real-time transport of professional media with low bandwidth utilization, combined with extremely high quality and availability.
- Multi-channel H.264/AVC encoder and/or decoder
- Support for SD, HD and 3G-SDI with multi-link synchronization (for UHD-1/4K applications)
- Best in class video quality with 4:2:2 10-bit H.264/AVC compression up to 80 Mbit/s per channel
- 16-channel audio compression or pass-through with full audio routing matrix built-in
- Integrated frame synchronizer on decoder
- Supports FEC, SIPS / SMPTE 2022-7 and Launch Delay Offset (LDO) IP protection mechanism
- Built-in TS monitoring (ETSI TR 101 290 Priority 1) of encoder output and decoder input, with option for Pri 2 and Pri 3 monitoring including PCR validation
- Thumbnails for input/output confidence monitoring
- Software license approach ensures easy and future-proof upgrade path
- User-friendly web GUI for monitoring and control
- Professional broadcast contribution
- Outside broadcast live sports and event contribution
- Studio-to-studio media exchange
- Managed video services over IP