VideoIPath provides an easy-to-use and powerful media service monitoring solution that even non-expert users can operate. This provides access to key performance indicators targeting a variety of users from operations, engineering, sales to external customers.
The solution is designed to simplify day-to-day operations, monitor compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), as well as rapidly identify and resolve the root-causes of any issues in the network, thereby saving on the costs associated with the loss of signals and proactively addressing potential service affecting issues before they escalate.
The solution incorporates Nevion’s award winning VideoIPath network management software with trusted network monitoring probes from the nSure product family, including the flagship TNS4200 solution, and offers a complete solution for end-to-end monitoring without the need for costly and time consuming integration per project. The solution can also take monitoring data from other equipment, from Nevion or 3rd parties, that are part of the transport chain, and correlate this against services.
Through an intuitive and customizable GUI, VideoIPath provides an aggregated overview of the availability and the performance of the services across a network, particularly at the vulnerable
hand-over points between different networks and provider/customer, with the ability to deep-dive into specific equipment to get to the root-cause of issues affecting the services, and quickly act upon this.
- ggregation and overview capabilities for multiple probes
- Ability to “zoom-in/out” from the aggregated view to individual probes (deep-dive)
- Correlation of alarms with indication of the actual services affected
- Dashboard with drag’n’drop customizable widgets, so users can tailor the display to their needs
- Thumbnail display, to provide a convenient overview of the streams for confidence monitoring
- Historical reporting of monitoring data (performance and alarms)
- Loading monitoring profiles to the monitoring probes to accommodate to planned changes in the network.
- Ability to make a probe join an IP stream (when multicasting is used), so it can be monitored
- Effectively monitor a large number of probes from one screen
- Overview of key performance indicators
- Monitor compliance with service level agreements (SLA)
- Pre-integrated solution that works “out-of-the-box”
- Combine with connection, alarm and inventory management functions
- Continous and ad-hoc monitoirng of transport streams
- Monitoring of central head-ends for IPTV, satellite, cable and DTT networks
- Remote monitoring of signals in DTT networks
- End-to-end monitoring of contribution links