OCC is pleased to introduce the Modular Advanced Reel System (MARS). The industry’s first lightweight cable deployment reel system designed specifically for the demanding needs of harsh environment fiber optic installations. Unlike traditional metal style reels, MARS is a lightweight, modular system constructed of a high-impact glass enforced polymer that is easily transported and is ideal for applications where cable needs to be deployed and reeled in quickly and stored efficiently. In addition, the MARS system offers a variety of deployment options including optional frames, back packs, shipping cases, and cable acquisition platforms throughout. This enables customers to meet the demands of diverse markets with one modular reel and accessories platform. The OCC MARS reel can be used with simple deployable axles (“broom sticks”) or with integrated A-Frames, cable acquisition cradles, transit case systems, tri-pods, bumper mounts, backpacks and backpacks with fiber optic slip rings. The MARS reel itself incorporates options for fiber optic cleaning kits; flip out handle, 30ft built in divider, connector cradle design, and stackable features. All these features (with a lower weight, than common reel systems) make MARS the most advanced fiber optic reeling system available in today’s market.
- Turn-key storage cases are designed to accommodate the MARS family of reels
- Interlocking waffle pattern enables secure stackability of cases during transit
- Secure latching system holds tight even in rough conditions
- Industrial foam lining maintains a tight fit around reels during transit
- Pressure relieve valve allows for pressure equalization in high altitude conditions