The AFQ100A is a state-of-the-art, self-contained and flexible baseband source that perfectly meets those requirements. Besides, there is a growing need for development and testing in the digital baseband domain. The signals to be created are increasingly complex and dynamic. They use complex modulation schemes and demand more and more bandwidth.
An important component of such test equipment is a flexible baseband source that allows development and production tests to be performed on state-of-the-art receivers for a variety of standards. A self-contained baseband source must fulfill a wide range of signal requirements. Plus, it needs variable digital and analog outputs in order to directly operate the DUT. Used as a modulation source for vector signal generators, the R&S®AFQ100A provides I/Q signals that offer all the sophistication of modern communications standards for generating the required RF signal.
Featuring a maximum clock rate of 300 MHz and a waveform memory of up to 1 Gsample, the R&S®AFQ100A generator provides unprecedented functionality and offers precisely the flexibility that is required. It allows long sequences to be generated for bit error ratio measurements; moreover, its high clock rate provides the necessary bandwidth for supporting future broadband communications systems.
Outstanding signal quality
Excellent spurious free dynamic range (SFDR) of typ. 83 dBc (1 MHz signal at 100 MHz bandwidth)
Frequency response typ. 0.05 dB across 100 MHz I/Q bandwidth
Settable skew with 10 ps resolution to allow exact adjustment of different cable lengths
Gain and offset for I and Q can be set independently
Loadable equalization to compensate for external components such as I/Q modulators (minimum frequency response in realtime across all components involved)
Adjustment of DC offsets by biasing the differential I/Q outputs
Connectors and operation
Remote control via GPIB, USB and LAN
User interface via external monitor or Windows XP Remote Desktop
R&S® WinIQSIM2™ for controlling the R&S® AFQ100A and generating test signals in line with different standards
Direct control via MATLAB®
USB connectors for USB equipment (keyboard, mouse, memory stick)
- Outstanding signal quality
- Tailored to digital communications systems
- Variable memory clock rate (1 kHz to 300 MHz) can optimally be adjusted to the useful signal
- RF bandwidth of 200 MHz
- Excellent spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) of typ. 83 dBc
- R&S®WinIQSIM2™ options for communications standards such as LTE, WCDMA, HSPA, HSPA+, GSM/EDGE, EDGE Evolution, VAMOS, CDMA2000®, 1xEV-DO, WLAN, WiMAX™, Bluetooth®, etc.
- LXI Class C conformant
- Broad scope of applications
- Variable memory clock rate (1 kHz to 300 MHz) can be optimally adjusted to the useful signal
- Maximum I/Q bandwidth of up to 100 MHz for an RF bandwidth of 200 MHz
- Long signal duration – 256M sample or 1G sample
- Analog I/Q outputs (balanced and unbalanced) and optional digital outputs
- Variable output level at the analog outputs
- Multi segment waveform reduces switching time between different signals; no reloading required
- Optimum memory use due to integrated clock rate converter and memory granularity of 1
- Shiftable markers without disrupting and recalculating the output signal