The R&S®EDS300 is a level and modulation analyzer designed for installing and maintaining pulsed, terrestrial navigation services. Its high sensitivity and compact design make the R&S®EDS300 ideal for conducting field measurements on the ground and in the air. The DME/pulse analyzer also features trigger and synchronization capabilities for easy integration into test vehicles and flight inspection systems.
The R&S®EDS300 offers high-precision distance measurements within a range of up to 200 nautical miles (NM) for terrestrial, pulsed navigation signals from 960 MHz to
1215 MHz (e.g. distance measurement equipment (DME)). The R&S®EDS300 can precisely determine peak power and reply efficiency and can identify the ground station to be measured. The modular design of the analyzer provides a high degree of flexibility to adapt it to the task at hand. An interrogator with selectable output power (up to 20 W peak) is available for ground measurements, making it possible to acquire all system parameters such as main delay and reply efficiency. Moreover, a high-power interrogator featuring 500 W (peak) can be used for flight inspections.
Using the R&S®EDS-B2/R&S®EDS-B4 and R&S®EDS-K4 options, the R&S®EDS300 measures the distance to a DME ground station as well as various other DME parameters such as reply efficiency and pulse repetition rate. The R&S®EDS-K5 multi-DME mode option expands this functionality to include flight inspection measurements and diverse monitoring applications, making it possible to analyze up to ten ground stations within 50ms.
Expanded functionality and adaptation using hardware and software options
Precise distance measurements on the ground and in the air (R&S®EDS-K4)
Multi-DME mode for measuring up to ten DME stations (R&S®EDS-K5)
Simultaneous measurement of two different signals using an additional RX unit (R&S®EDS-B1)
Low-power interrogator for ground measurements with variable output power (R&S®EDS-B2)
Flight inspection with integrated high-power interrogator (500 W (peak), R&S®EDS-B4)
Modulation and signal analysis of TACAN ground stations (R&S®EDS-K1)
Detailed pulse shape analysis on DME systems (R&S®EDS-K2)
GPS-based measurements (R&S®EDS-K3)
- High-precision measurement of DME and TACAN systems on the ground and in the air (in line with ICAO Doc. 8071, ICAO Annex 10, STANAG 5034 and MIL-STD-291C)
- High-precision measurement of all signal parameters (e.g. peak power, distance, reply efficiency, modulation data) and detailed pulse shape analysis
- Multi-DME mode for measuring up to ten DME stations (R&S®EDS-K5)
- Extremely compact design due to integrated interrogator in different power classes (one-box solution)
- Synchronization (GPS and trigger inputs)
- Measurement functions for regular verification of pulsed navigation signals
- High-precision distance and level measurements on DME and TACAN systems
- Precise measurement of all relevant signal parameters
- Very high dynamic range
- Detailed analysis options in line with ICAO requirements