The R&S®FS-K130PC distortion analysis software measures and models the linear and nonlinear distortions of amplifiers, mixers and baseband components. This simplifies and accelerates the development of linearized components, such as power amplifiers.
To ensure high transmission quality, information-transmitting components should not distort RF signals nor generate power in adjacent channels. At the same time, they must be very efficient in order to minimize power consumption. Predistortion is the method commonly used to achieve higher output power without increasing power consumption. To calculate the appropriate predistortion, the amplifier has to be characterized and its distortion behaviour has to be modeled.
The R&S®FS-K130PC software simplifies these tasks. The software measures the nonlinearity and calculates the appropriate predistortion using a model selected by the user. It also controls the required measuring instruments, such as signal generators and analyzers, and reads out and synchronizes the I/Q data. The R&S®FS-K130PC software uses signals with an adjustable crest factor and a user-selected bandwidth to simulate the actual operating conditions much more accurately than is possible with the traditional method of using sinewave signals to measure nonlinearity. Even two ports with memory effects can be accurately modeled and predistorted, also with user-specific signals.
- Measurement of the distortion behavior of amplifiers, mixers and transposers and also direct control of the required measuring instruments
- Calculation of the coefficients of a distortion model for DUTs with and without memory in accordance with the different selectable models (polynomial or VOLTERRA)
- Calculation of the coefficients for predistortion
- Verification of the spectral regrowth improvement achieved
- Flexible display and selection of measurement results in configurable windows
- Easy to operate; all operating steps shown in block diagram style
- Integrated control of generators and analyzers via IEC/IEEE bus, LAN or USB
- Automatic level setting to the desired output power