The highly flexible R&S®MLx UHF multichannel lowpower transmitter system addresses a wide range of applications. It combines transmitter, transposer, gap filler and retransmitter functionality in a single, extremely compact unit and makes low demands on the surrounding infrastructure. This provides network operators with a high degree of freedom in selecting suitable sites and keeps operating costs down.
The highly flexible R&S®MLx transmitter system accommodates up to six channel modules with different output powers in a five HU, 19” subrack. Operators can choose between three module types for each channel: transmitter, gap filler or retransmitter, with output powers of 1 W, 5 W and 10 W, for the DVB-T/DVB-H and DVB-T2 digital TV standards.
The new transmitter system is an excellent solution to bridge the last mile in digital TV networks. With its low demands on broadcasting and IT infrastructures and minimal space requirements, the system is ideal for use in environments that do not provide a typical transmitter site infrastructure. The system can be enhanced to receive transport streams via satellite and to connect to a network management system via UMTS to make it perfectly match the conditions of a specific site. The R&S®MLx transmitter system is easy to operate, failsafe and offers flexible redundancy. Plus, it is cost-effective to maintain due to its intelligent system behaviour and the use of hot-plug modules.
Outstanding system flexibility
Modular system concept for optimum adaptation to user requirements
Transmitters and gap fillers in a single product family
MultiTX system multiple transmitters with different output powers in a single rack
Flexible redundancy concept: more than simply N+1
Easy to operate in any configuration
Central control of all components
Easy, efficient operation
- Multi-transmitter system for transmitters, gap fillers and retransmitters
- Cost-saving, compact solution for closing the last gaps in DVB T and DVB T2 broadcast networks
- Highly flexible system providing custom-tailored solutions
- MultiTX system with transmitters of different output powers in a single subrack
- Ideal for use in environments with limited infrastructure
- A transmitter for challenging applications
- Highly flexible applications, even beyond typical transmitter site scenarios
- Transport stream feed via satellite
- Transmitter control via UMTS