The R&S®SCQ8000 and R&S®SCL8000 transmitters expand the successful R&S®SCx8000 family of transmitters to include a compact solution for the L-band frequency range. They enable network operators to quickly expand or set up transmitter networks for DVB-T, DVB-H and MediaFLO™ as well as DAB, DAB+ and T-DMB. The transmitters offer an efficiency of up to 18 % for TV and up to 22 % for DAB, which is unparalleled in this power class.
The transmitters’ unique compactness is achieved through the use of large-scale integrated (LSI) components. At only four height units, output power of 300 W (OFDM) and 400 W (DAB) is attained. The solution with one amplifier requires only an R&S®SX801 exciter, which provides both signal processing and transmitter control functionality. All amplifiers have an integrated cooling system with two fans. Four amplifiers coupled together will yield output power of 1200 W (OFDM) and 1500 W (DAB) at 20 height units. The space-saving four-way coupler unit contains a splitter, harmonics filter, absorber and lightning protection.
The transmitters offer the highest efficiency in their power class. This is attributable to a well-thought-out amplifier design, the use of state-of-the-art transistors and ultra-low losses in the coupler unit due to short signal paths. The solution with four amplifiers uses self-engaging connectors, which allows for rapid startup. The transmitters offer great ease of operation either via local or remote control.
- 1452 to 1492MHz L- band frequency range
- DVB-T, DVB-H, MediaFLO DAB digital TV and DAB+, T-DMB digital audio broadcasting standards
- Ethernet interface, RJ-45 for convenient local or remote control via standard web browser
- Compact and cost-effective transmitter family offering all the quality and performance
- Innovative redundancy concepts for economical use of available space
- High efficiency for reduced energy costs
- Fast startup and easy operation
- 208 to 240V +/-10%, 47 to 63Hz power supply