The UHF/VHF low-power transmitters of the R&S®SLx8000 family are available for ATV, DTV and DAB/T-DMB. They are reliable, compact and flexible and fill coverage gaps in transmitter networks. These features make them ideal for use at small, remote transmitter sites that offer only limited space, are difficult to access and affected by strong variations in power supply.
The R&S®SLx8000 family includes UHF and VHF transmitters for digital and analog TV as well as for digital audio broadcasting. The compact devices can be used as transmitters or retransmitters. Intelligent operating functions reduce the transmitters' setting times. A special feature is the automatic set & go function that does away with the time-consuming output stage pre-correction for all digital standards. The compact, flexible all-in-one-box concept allows various options to be integrated, which simplifies logistics and handling when transmitter sites are difficult to access.
The transmitters can handle both analog and digital TV standards (DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-H, ISDB-T/ISDB-TB and ATSC including ATSC Mobile DTV). Output power ranges up to 100 W for DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-H and ISDB-T/ISDB?TB up to 150 W for ATSC and up to 250 W for analog TV. If necessary, an analog transmitter can easily be switched over to digital TV without modifying the hardware. For digital audio broadcasting, the transmitter family supports transmission in line with the DAB, DAB+ and T-DMB specifications with output power of up to 300W.
Special features for operation
Switchover from analog to digital TV
DVB-T/DVB-H receiver for signal monitoring
Highly sensitive GPS receiver with fast synchronization (option)
Always on air
Convenient supply with different nominal voltages
Self-monitoring power output stages
Standby systems for high availability
- 170 to 255MHz VHF/470 to 862MHz UHF frequency range
- UHF/VHF low-power transmitters for analog and digital TV and digital audio broadcasting
- Retransmitter in multi-frequency networks for DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-H
- Compact equipment of only two to four height units
- Broadband precorrection for digital standards with set & go function
- Simple conversion from analog to digital TV (without hardware modifications)
- Compact, flexible and easy to use
- Compact solution
- Retransmitter in multi frequency networks for DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-H
- Convenient operation on-site or remote diagnostics
- Precorrection for digital standards with set and go function