The R&S®THU9 UHF high-power transmitter family makes terrestrial broadcasting of TV signals extremely efficient. It features high energy efficiency of up to 42 %, outstanding configuration flexibility and exceptional operating convenience in a very small footprint. For network operators, this means cost reductions over the entire system lifetime.
The liquid-cooled transmitters deliver output power of up to 50kW for digital standards in Doherty operation, and up to 58kW for analog standards. Rohde & Schwarz also offers the highest power density on the market with as much as 15kW per rack for COFDM standards.
In Doherty mode, the R&S®THU9 transmitter family attains efficiency values of up to 42 %, including the cooling system for maximum energy and CO2 savings. In Doherty operation, users can save up to 50 % of energy costs compared with conventional transmitters.
The transmitters offer unparalleled flexibility and scalability in an extremely compact design. The family portfolios range from single transmitters with built-in pump unit and bandpass filter to multi-transmitter systems and even N+1 configurations in a single rack. The new operating concept is based on an ergonomic operating unit, straightforward, easy-to-use menus and a convenient configuration guide.
- 470 to 862MHz UHF frequency range
- Superior efficiency on the innovative transmitter design and the use of Doherty technology
- Scalable and flexible system configuration
- Unique MultiTX system with multiple transmitters in a single rack
- Highest power density per transmitter rack
- User-friendly operating terminal and GUI
- Optimized total cost of ownership (TCO)