The R&S®THV9 VHF high-power transmitter family makes terrestrial broadcasting of TV and digital audio broadcast signals extremely efficient. It features high energy efficiency of up to 50 %, outstanding configuration flexibility and exceptional operating convenience in a very small footprint. For network operators, this means cost reductions over the entire system lifetime.
The liquid-cooled transmitters deliver output power for digital TV and digital audio broadcasting of up to 30 kW and up to 58 kW for analog standards. Rohde & Schwarz also offers the highest power density on the market with as much as 15 kW per rack for COFDM standards.
In Doherty mode, the R&S®THV9 transmitter family attains efficiency values of up to 50 % including the cooling system – for maximum energy and CO2 savings. In Doherty operation, users can save up to 50 % of energy costs compared with conventional transmitters.
The transmitters offer unparalleled flexibility and scalability in an extremely compact design. The family portfolios range from single transmitters with built-in pump unit and bandpass filter to multitransmitter systems and even N+1 configurations in a single rack. The new operating concept is based on an ergonomic operating unit, straightforward, easy-to-use menus and a convenient configuration guide.
- 170 to 254MHz VHF frequency range
- Superior efficiency due to unique system design
- Innovative amplifier with high efficiency
- Voltage regulation and crest factor reduction
- Efficient liquid cooling system
- MultiTX system with multiple transmitters and configurations in a single rack
- R&S®TCE900 a multitalent as transmitter control unit or exciter
- Simple switchover from analog to digital TV
- IP transport stream feed to reduce infrastructure costs
- Integrated satellite receiver for fewer components in the rack
- Highest power density on the market
- MultiTX system with up to four transmitters per rack
- All-in-one transmitter with built-in pump unit and bandpass filter
- Space-saving, flexible liquid cooling system
- Ergonomic, user-friendly operating unit
- Simplifi ed navigation with device-oriented views
- Task-oriented menus for fast training of operating personnel