Cygnus combines a compact form factor with the latest routing technology in a cost-effective package. Cygnus is 1080p 3Gbit/s native and offers up to 576x576 routing in a single 26U housing, including PSUs. There is also a 288x576 version in a 21U housing.
Features include dual redundant power supplies and controllers as well as four reference inputs for multi-standard operation. This allows for SMPTE RP168 compliant switching for multi-standard operation or simulcast HD/SD. Cygnus adds significantly to Snell's existing comprehensive router range, which covers all options from the very large to the very small.
- Specifically designed for 1.5GBit/s HD and 3GBit/s 1080p
- 3GB/s capable cards route 3G,1.5G HD-SDI and SDI
- 576x576 in 26U (including redundant PSUs)
- 288x576 in 21U
- Dual redundant PSU
- Dual redundant controllers
- Control using Nebula or Nucleus Controller
- Dual Ethernet (one per controller) 4 x RS485 ports, configurable as remote or panel ports
- Monitoring and alarms of PSUs, fans, controllers, all signal cards
- Four video references (all black & burst or HD tri-level) - allows RP168 compliant multi standard switching
- Timecode input for pre-loaded timed switching
- Monitoring outputs - for input and output monitoring
- Exceptionally low power consumption