For producers, editors or anyone using our video server and editing tools, FileFlow provides automated ingest of many broadcast camera or file formats and either trans-wraps, maintaining the original codec or transcodes to one of many different codecs available within sQ. Fileflow automatically exports to a wide variety of file formats/codecs directly from sQ media using either transwrapping or transcoding to a different file format.
Fileflow uses a client/server architecture with clients using an HTTP ‘RESTful’ API to control and monitor the queue and status of file I/O jobs being processed. System settings and engineering monitoring are provided through a new Configuration page.
The main components are Fileflow Manager, ingest/export Job queue, Search, ISA Listener, Folder Watcher and Fileflow Engine.
The Fileflow Manager runs various software modules that provide services used by other parts of the system.
The Fileflow job queue is a Java-based web application which maintains a database of jobs which is accessed by web clients and Fileflow Engines through a RESTful API. The queue may be installed on a single server or on a resilient cluster.
FileFlow Search can be installed on the Fileflow Manager to provide an integrated solution enabling users to search the ISA database, locate and select clips for export via Fileflow.
The ISA Listener monitors the ISA for the creation or modification of clips that will trigger transfer and transcode jobs if certain keyword or category criteria are met specific to a workflow.
The Folder Watcher monitors folders, either on the local PC, or more conventionally on the network (LAN) for the arrival of new files. The arrival of new files within the folder triggers an ingest Job and results in a new clip within sQ.
- V3.1 includes the following features:
- Fileflow Manager New User Interface - FFM can now be fully configured using the UI via a new FFM Config application that is installed by the FFM installer.
- Added support for authenticated users - FFM configuration can now only be changed by authenticated users.
- Support for configuration backup and restore - FFM configuration can be backed up to file and restored.
- Support for dynamic configuration history - Configuration change history is retained and can be restored to previous states.
- Fileflow Cluster Support - Added cluster support for FF Manager 3.1.
- Fileflow configuration migration tool - Added 1.5 to 3.1 Migration Tool that allows you to back up the configuration from a 1.5.x FF Manager which can then be imported to a 3.1 FF Manager.
- Support for MXD HDF archive profiles – HDF is the de facto standard for material exchange in the German speaking countries is the MXF HDF profile.
- FFM Configuration summary support - Fileflow Manager configuration setting summaries that provide improved visibility of complex configurations.
- Cloning of saved settings - This allows you to save new settings using existing settings as a template rather than starting from the defaults or non-configured settings
- Product Line Overview:
- sQ Fileflow is a file exchange system for sQ systems
- Scalable, resilient architecture
- Queue-based job management
- Independent processing engines
- Web services API
- Transcoding between broadcast codecs
- Enhanced config management providing robust reuse of configuration and workflows.
- Administrator web page for queue management
- Manual drag/drop from qualified editing workstations
- Automated exports based on metadata triggers
- Controlled by Momentum and third-party MAM
- What's New?:
- Fileflow Manager New User Interface
- Added support for authenticated users
- Support for configuration backup and restore
- Fileflow Cluster Support
- Fileflow configuration migration tool
- Support for MXD HDF archive profiles