KudosPro, the next-generation image processing platform from Snell. Delivering high-quality format and frame rate conversion in a compact, affordable, format-flexible package. KudosPro is the ideal solution for broadcasters, news agencies, and content providers needing to consider cost and space issues while also ensuring high quality content to domestic and international audiences. Snell conversion quality you would expect - at a price you wouldn't
As part of Snell's commitment to redefining the economics of broadcast infrastructure, the KudosPro range represents a step change towards this goal. Never before has broadcast quality conversion been available at such low cost and at such high density. Up to 4 channels of conversion in a single rack unit Up to 2 channels of motion compensated conversion in a single rack unit
We've thought about your operational requirements and workflows:
Workflow support tools, such as Dolby E, Timecode and Closed Caption handling, AFD support, logo insertion and noise reduction allow KudosPro to slip seamlessly into your operations. Flexibility of internal routing of signals allows further efficiencies, such as simultaneous HD and SD outputs from a single source.
We've thought about your customer and your customers customers:
Whatever the format being delivered - whatever the format required - we support it.
KudosPro is a truly universal solution. 1080p, HD and SD SDI, composite and fiber Video and film Embedded, AES and analog audio
We've thought about your operators and engineers:
An ergonomic and elegant front panel provides uniquely intuitive control over what is, by definition, a complex system. KudosPro can be controlled remotely via web browser and RollCall (IP), SNMP or GPI making it easy to integrate with any control system. New options and upgrades can be applied quickly and easily, in the field, at your convenience.
- Integrated 1080p and HD workflow for live programming:
- Channel A in Spain has made a deal with Channel S in Latin America to supply live HD coverage of live news events.
- Channel A upgrades production to 1080 50p but needs to maintain an excellent and uncompromised HD source to Channel S.
- Using the downconversion capabilities of SV2000, channel A can continue to satisfy their international viewers with guaranteed quality in whatever format they require.
- International Favorites:
- Channel B in USA realizes that it can gain in the Saturday night audience ratings by importing a new show which follows the fortunes of a group of British teenagers, in what has become a cult UK comedy series.
- The show is sourced in 1080 50i, but Channel B needs 1080 59i.
- Using the motion compensated frame rate conversion capabilities of MC1000, Channel B provide their Saturday night viewers with their new favorite show without viewers losing out on the quality of the presentation.
- Multi-standard content distribution:
- UK broadcaster C receives HD content from a Canadian affiliate at 720 59p. Broadcaster C needs to supply various HD and SD feeds to clients in the UK at 50Hz.
- Using the quad channel LC4000, one incoming 59.94Hz feed can be converted to multiple outputs simultaneously, with great space efficiency.