UHD1200 is a flexible 12G or quad-link UHD processing unit including HDR and Wide Color Gamut mapping along with converting to or from 4K and HD/SD. Such advanced processing allows re-purposing of existing or new assets, as well as covering all common video and audio processing tasks.
UHD1100 is a flexible 4K processing unit able to process and translate both Quadrant (square division) and 2SI (2 sample interleave) quad-link formats. Converting to or from 4K to HD/SD allows repurposing of existing assets, and all common video and audio processing tasks are also covered.
SAM UHD Standards Conversion Solutions
Real time standards conversion for ultra-high definition is needed to preserve the high quality expected in international exchanges. SAM has 3 solutions for UHD standards conversion to suit different requirements and budgets.
Alchemist for UHD
In SDI based systems there are commonly different methods of transport over physical connection for UHD signals; 12G serial, four wire square division and four wires 2 sample interleave (2SI). Our extensive frame rate conversion testing has revealed that passing each component of a 3G/s UHD signal as 2SI produces excellent UHD standards conversion results. If 12G serial 2SI transport is the preferred source SAM’s UHD1200 is an ideal tool for 12G to four wire gear boxing and can be used as both input and output processor. Should four wire square division signals be preferred then either SAM’s UHD1100 or UHD1200 can be used to convert easily to and from 2SI.
Cost effective KudosPro Motion compensated UHD conversion
Where budgets and space are constrained SAM can still provide excellent conversion, results using Kudos Pro motion compensated technology. SAM offers the 1RU processing solution KudosPro MC2000-IQ with two modular IQMCC30 cards installed. Using the same 2SI approach this provides four channels of motion compensated conversion in just 1RU of space enabling UHD standards conversion in a compact and cost-effective package.
- SD/HD/3G/UHD up, down and cross conversion with clean cut feature
- Frame Synchronization including continuous output on input standard changes
- HDR (PQ, HLG, Slog3) and BT2020 wide color gamut support, along with video proc and powerful picture enhancement tools, including edge enhance and noise reduction
- 16-channel embedded audio processing and PCM/Dolby audio delay compensation
- Metadata support including Closed caption, WST, timecode and SMPTE2020 handling
- Easy to use control options inc. front panel with control lock, and remote via web interface and RollCall
- Linear motion adaptive frame rate conversion available when up or down converting
- Automatic Aspect Ratio Conversion with signalling support (SMPTE 2016, L23 ETSI, L23 AFD, VI SMPTE, VI AFD)
- Balanced AES and analog audio I/O
- Support for fiber Tx and Rx via SFP
- Dual PSU as standard
- Repurpose existing HD content - up convert for distribution over UHD channels
- Service existing HD channels - down convert UHD content for simulcast on mainstream HD services
- Integrate HDR (PQ, HLG, Slog3) signals into SDR workflows, translate between HDR standards, or map SDR signals for use in HDR productions
- Cover color space requirements with BT709 and BT2020 translation features
- UHD signal processing - synchronize, adjust and enhance, or process audio with UHD1200s comprehensive control features