SRP Servoreelers respond to "pull" commands creating an almost organic feel and response.
A user pulls the desired amount of cable out and that length will remain.
Once at the desired length, the cable may still be pulled and extended further or pulled and released to allow the cable to retract to its stored position.
Unlike crude mechanical reelers: Our Servoreeler can stop at any chosen position of cable-payout; There is no tedious "hunting" for a mechanical "address" to stop the cable is eliminated; and there is no frustrating hair trigger release.
Logic circuitry provides the brain for These "smart" operational characteristics: The initial pull on the cable is sensed by the control circuit; when a threshold velocity is exceeded, the servo is activated-imparting a light holdback tension and sensory feedback to the user; when the cable has been pulled to the desired length and held momentarily, the circuit will sense the cessation of motion and cut-off power to the servo.
Designed to distinguish between intentional "pull" commands and low, constant velocity or short tugs that are accidentally imparted on the cable.
Because the system utilizes motion sensing, the Servoreeler will not damage itself, its cable or tear a microphone away from the user if the microphone is clipped on a lapel or blouse.
- The signal path through the Servoreeler is uninterrupted, no contacts or slip-rings are employed.
- Designed to respond to pull commands: Start, Stop and Retract.
- Will stop at any length of cable payout: Not limited to specific mechanical stop locations.
- Automatic end of reel retract (2 or 3 turns) and stop: Maintains ability to re-start by pull command.
- Designed to distinguish between intentional "pull" commands and low, constant velocity or short tugs that are accidentally
imparted to the cable.
- Quiet mechanical operation: The servo-motor is shock mounted to assure low acoustic coupling.
- External TTL compatible-retract command input: Provides automatic retraction when a microphone is replaced in a cradle
equipped with a hang-up sensor switch.
- Power-up inhibit function: Prevents retraction on power-up if Servoreeler cables have been left extended. This can be
important in centrally powered systems, where a mass retraction could result in a large current surge.
- Power-Off cable control: This prevents internal cable spillage should the cable be pulled when the power is off.
- Can operate in any orientation: Normal cable feed is with the Servoreeler vertical; Horizontal operation is optional.
- High quality microphone cable: 2mm, 2 conductor, satin black, very compliant, shielded and Kevlar reinforced.
- Long cable life: Gentle internal cable handling - resulting in extremely low cable wear.
- No maintenance is required: All rotating components employ sealed precision ball bearings.
- High MTBF: Installed systems have demonstrated failure rates of zero to one (1) failure in 1,000,000 operating hrs.
- Provided with a (5) year limited warranty on parts and labor; excluding damage to the microphone cable.