A new benchmark in creative flexibility:
The HDC-3500 system camera brings new levels of image quality, portability and creative flexibility to live production environments. Enjoy premium 4K/HD/HDR picture quality — and anticipate tomorrow's production needs while maintaining full compatibility with today's workflows and system hardware.
Imaging power unleashed:
Capture premium pictures with the world's first 2/3-inch 4K CMOS sensor with global shutter technology that eliminates the "jello effect" and banding noise. This allows the HDC-3500 to capture pristine 4K images with exceptionally low noise (-62dB), impressive sensitivity (F10 at 1080/59.94p or F11 at 1080/50p) and high dynamic range, while achieving the ITU-R BT.2020 broadcast standard wide color space. It's teamed with a specially developed LSI Digital Signal Processor that fully realizes the extraordinary imaging power of this new sensor.
More format flexibility:
The HDC-3500 can output 3G-SDI signals in a range of formats right up to 1080/50p, with 4K available via the CCU's 12G-SDI and Quad 3G-SDI interfaces. So you can benefit from maximum production convenience — and your viewers can enjoy premium picture quality.
Get the look:
Broaden your creative possibilities and achieve exactly the look you want in any shooting situation. Low-key saturation ensures rich, vibrant colors in low-light areas. Powerful gamma functions give absolute control over fine-tuning tonal values, contrast and detail.
- The HDC-3500 supports optical fiber transmission as standard, with a SMPTE-standard interface for connection with associated HDCU-3100/HDCU-2000 series Camera Control Units.
- It's quick and easy to reconfigure the camera at any time for fiber, third-generation digital triax or wireless operation with a choice of optional outside panels.
- Support for Sony's SR Live for HDR workflow allows simultaneous 4K HDR and HD SDR production by a single team — reducing hardware and personnel costs for multi-format productions.
- In addition, the HDC-3500 can be upgraded by the optional software licenses to add functions to capture progressive signals, progressive segmented frame (PsF) signals, or double-speed acquisition for exquisite slow motion.
- Combining exceptional lightness and strength, the magnesium alloy body is complemented by carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) outside panels.
- Sure, stable handling is enhanced by the camera's low center of gravity, easily adjustable shoulder pad and widened hand grip area.
- Also ideal for handheld operation, HDC series studio cameras offer exceptional user ergonomics in a wide range of studio and field-based production environments.
- Backwards compatibility with Sony's industry-acclaimed HDC-2000 series system cameras simplifies smooth integration with your current live production infrastructures, including cameras and CCUs.
- The HDC-3500 offers a double-speed acquisition function, transmitting high-quality Full HD images to the HDCU-3100 or HDCU-2500 Camera Control Unit (CCU).
- Assigned camera number is indicated on the camera body by a graphical electronic paper display. Displayed information is updated automatically to reflect system changes.
- There's also an LED tally lamp beside the camera number display.
- The Viewfinder Detail function adds dedicated image-enhancing edge signals directly to the viewfinder, helping the operator to focus quickly and precisely in any shooting situation.
- It's complemented by a Focus Assist Indicator and advanced Focus Position Meter function.
- Dual optical filter wheels for Neutral Density (ND) and Color Correction (CC)* open up wider creative possibilities.
- Both filters can be controlled from a remote control panel, master setup unit, or directly from the camera head.
- Network TRUNK (via LAN port) allows high-speed data transmission between the camera and CCU at up to 1 Gbps to support configurability with IP-based products and systems.