32-port 1U console server, dual NICs, dual console, Cardbus, AC and DC .SCS-R offers redundant hot-swappable power supplies and access through dual console and network ports.
Thinklogical’s SCS-R series of secure console servers provide server and network management and secure console and integrated power management with enterprise-class security features. Unique to this line of console servers is the redundant AC and DC power supplies (that function in a current sharing mode). The SCS-R power supplies are also hot-swappable, hence users are able to remove a failed power supply while the unit is operating. This ensures that the SCS-R will function even in the event of a single power supply failure. In addition, users have access and control to any combination of serial devices (servers, LAN/WAN devices, routers, workstations) through dual console and network ports. This guarantees high availability, while increasing the time and effectiveness of systems administration and IT staff.
Available in 8-, 16-, 32-, and 48- port models that fit in 1U rack space, the SCS-R provides the layer of security, management, and control over widespread infrastructures that users require.
- Full distribution (non-embedded) Linux
- Unique host keys generated upon setup
- Dual network interface connections (for port bonding)
- Dual console connections
- Dual hot-swappable universal power supplies
- GUI for quick out of the box setup and deployment
- DCE/DTE programmable (requiring half the number of adapters)
- Simple integration with Thinklogical PDU 4/4
- OpenSSH, OpenLDAP, NIS, TACACS+
- AC or DC power available
- Internal modem option
- 512 MB writable flash
- PCMCIA 32-bit CardBus option
- SSH directly to port/IP (no charge option)
- Field updates via RPM
- Multiple concurrent SSH sessions
- Manage up to 48 servers or devices
- 256K true FIFO audit trail per device port
- Port access via 10/100Base-T network connection or local terminal
- Access administration functions securely from a local terminal or over the network
- 1.75" (1RU) high, fits in standard 19" rack