VITEC’s MGW Prism is the optimal solution for real-time IP video transcoding to all standard devices and players for the creation of broadcast quality multi-screen service. MGW Prism is a high-efficiency transcoding platform that combines a wide range of video codecs, advanced compression tools, broadcast and military metadata handling - all integrated into a 1-RU server platform that can be deployed in IT rooms, data centers or portable carts. Online video streaming services and enterprises can broadcasting their content on everything from Mobile Phones and Tablets to IP Set-Top-Boxes with a transcoding system flexible enough to adapt content to any common device's network or streaming protocol.
MGW Prism packs a unique set of advanced capabilities such as logo insertion, Q-tone support for ad-insertion (SCTE-35), Closed Captioning, DVB subtitles and Teletext. Exceptional broadcast quality picture is achieved with its wide range of pre-processing tools that include adaptive de-interlacing, video resizing and frame rate down-conversion. The KLV metadata pass-through feature enables government and military entities to re-purpose incoming ISR and FMV content with additional compression while maintaining CoT data on the output stream.
MGW Prism provides an "all-in-one" solution for streaming video to any hardware device or software player. It uses common protocols for Apple iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and other devices. The platform incorporates a built-in segmenter for the creation of the bandwidth efficient Adaptive Bit-Rate (ABR) streams and is capable of generating up to 16 video profiles for a single source. Each video stream is fully synchronized, to deliver exceptional picture quality in any network condition with dynamic, frame accurate and seamless transition between profiles on the viewer's screen.
- Best-in-class transcoding power - up to 30 services per platform
- Superb HD/SD picture quality in any bit rate (built-in downscaling)
- Adaptive bit rate with up to 16 unique profiles per channel
- KLV/STANAG metadata PID pass-through
- Multi-audio support - up to 8 stereo pairs per video stream
- Built-in encryption for Microsoft Smooth Streaming and VeriMatrix
- Integration with major CDN's including Akamai, LimeLight, Facebook Live and YouTube
- High availability configuration with hot-backup
- Live delivery of News, Sports and Events
- Transcoding existing MPEG-2 and H.264 content to efficient H.264 streams
- Converting newly HEVC formatted streams to existing H.264 streams
- Over-the-Top (OTT) Web Streaming
- IPTV services and PiP applications
- Broadband TV to multiple screens
- Uplink critical video content to airborne platforms