The BM-5AS luminance colorimeter offers a dramatic improvement in luminance sensitivity and speed over the BM-7A. By adding a fifth measurement aperture (3°), larger spot sizes (at a given working distance) can be achieved and luminance down to 0.00005cd/m2 can be measured. Its Photo Multiplier Tube (PMT) sensor, combined with a precision CIE tri-stimulus filter wheel, provides measurements of the CIE tri-stimulus values (X, Y, Z). From these, the calibrated Luminance and Chromaticity coordinates (and other derived data) are computed and displayed on the integral LCD. All measurement data is available through a USB or RS-232C serial interface if remote control is required. Two macro lens options allow for measurement of very small objects or light sources down to 0.06mm (60um). The engineering/research grade BM-5AS forms the center piece of many low light measurement solutions. The user selectable measurement aperture (knob) allows to optimize the measurement spot size (also a function of working distance) and the minimum measureable luminance level (larger apertures can measure lower levels).
- Luminance as low as 0.005cd/m2 at 2 sec interval at measurement angle 3°
- Supports luminance, CIE1931 and CIE1976 chromaticity coordinates, Tristimulus value XYZ, CCT and deviation
- Five (5) apertures 0.1°/0.2°/1°/2°/3° enables to measure luminance from small to wide area without attachment lens
- Used for luminance and color measurement of various light sources
- Ideal for transmittance measurement for LCD polarizing plates and various filters